Call For Application: “UNDP Youth Leadership Program III” “Accelerating Innovative Solutions for Sustainable Development”
Should You Participate?
Do you have an innovative solution to address a social challenge in your community? Do you want to learn more about the Sustainable Development Goals? Do you want to meet other young leaders from around the country? Do you want to become an agent of change? Do you want to learn how to improve the design of your solution and implement projects that will help your communities?
YLP3 aims to support and empower young women and men change-makers to improve their prototyped ideas and implement innovative, impactful and sustainable development solutions, whether these be social enterprises, nonprofits, NGOs, initiatives, or campaigns.
What is a prototyped solution? A prototype is a model or a visual representation of new project ideas (your solution), whether these are products or services. Prototypes can take many forms: from a slideshow to a 3D representation. YLP3 seeks to accelerate innovative solutions that can address national development challenges in Jordan effectively
By participating in this Program, you will have a chance of a lifetime to:
- Develop your leadership potential
- Develop your skills in various social innovation approaches and methodologies
- Strengthen your gender sensitive lens and skills
- Improve your advocacy and presentation skills
- Network with young leaders and innovators
- Begin implementing ideas for social change
All participants will receive a certificate of participation. A small number of individuals from participating countries might be selected to participate in a regional event at the end of the year to further enhance their learning skills and networking.
o Age between 19 – 29
o Fluency in Arabic language, English language is an asset.
o Have an innovative solution in progress
o No previous experience/participation in UN/UNDP events/initiatives
o High motivation and interest in social work and social change
o Capability and willingness to participate actively in follow up
- Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
- Selected participants will receive a confirmation e-mail or phone call.
- Disadvantaged young women and men, especially those with special needs are highly encouraged to apply.
Ready to join us? You can APPLY now through filling the application: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to receiving the applications is August 9th 2017.