Developing policy-relevant capacity for implementation of the global environmental conventions in Jordan
This Project is expected to contribute in bridging the gap between policy making and implementation capabilities in Jordan for the global environment conventions to which it is signatory namely the UNFCCC, UNCCD and the CBD by linking research to policy-making process
What have we accomplished so far
- Added Rio Conventions’ themes (biodiversity, desertification and climate change) to the National Research Priorities of Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research for the period 2010-2020.Designed a virtual platform for Rio Conventions-related information collection, processing, analysis and dissemination, and trained the Ministry of Environment’s staff.
- Designed a virtual platform for Rio Conventions-related information collection, processing, analysis and dissemination, and trained the Ministry of Environment’s staff.
- Provided technical assistance for the preparation of the strategy of adaptation of biodiversity to climate change in Jordan.
- Prepared a “Climate Change Policy for Jordan” and held intensive national consultative process for the rolling drafts developed
- Establishing a sustainable and effective collaboration mechanisms between policy making and research related to the GE conventions
- Integrating Global environmental issues and provisions of the three Rio Conventions in policies and laws based on research
- Developing the capacity of the research institutions and policy-makers
- Project start date:
- November 2009
- Estimated end date:
- February 2013
- Implementing Partner:
- Ministry of Environment
- Focus Area:
- Biodiversity, Desertification and Climate Change
- Project Budget:
- USD 566,186.34
- Amman, Jordan
- Delivery by year 2013: