Promoting local economic development to support tourism services in Ajloun and Tafileh
What have we accomplished so far
- The Project Management Unit has been established and it is composed of the project manager, the project assistant as well as two field officiers; one in Ajloun and another in Tafileh;
- A stakeholders analysis was elaborated and endorsed by our implementing partner (MoI);
- Information sessions for 4 days were designed and carried out in the Ajloun and Tafileh (2 days per each governorate) in order to provide potential applicants with sufficient orientation to best meet the UNDP criteria in terms of writing proposals;
- A call for proposal was published in local newspapers;
- A primary evaluation of the applications has been carried out to exlude those that do not meet our criteria;
- The second phase of technical evaluation is in process.
- Contribute to the reduction of regional disparities (north/south towards centre regions);
- Enhanced local tourism services related sustainable livelihoods
- Self-employment supported'
- Increased opportunities for internships in private companies and or other institutions for youth (women and men);
- A One Stop Shop created for career services to assist young women and men in securing decent jobs and self-employment established in Tafileh;
- Innovative and entrepreneurial initiatives are strengthened within local communities;
- Vocational training designed and supported according to the needs of each governorate.
The main barriers are summarized in the list below, these will be targeted by the project:
- Lack of entrepreneurship initiative mindsets
- Lack of natural resources
- Small local markets
- Limited capacity and knowledge in accommodation and tourism services.
Delivery in previous fiscal year
|Donor name||Amount contributed|
Around the world
You are at UNDP Jordan
Go to UNDP Global